An Illinois Corporation
Saving Historic Cemeteries One Gravesite at a Time
Bluff City Cemetery
Owned and operated by the City of Elgin, Bluff City Cemetery is a nonsectarian cemetery that has provided the final resting place for area residents since 1889. Bluff City Cemetery’s 108-acres of well maintained grounds, bordering fen and butterfly garden provide a beautiful and peaceful setting for visitors to remember loved ones
We at Afterlife Tours, Inc. wanted to let everyone know some additional facts about Bluff City Cemetery.
This is the third cemetery in the City of Elgin. As other cemeteries ran out of space, family members were moved to a newer larger cemetery. Well, at least they were supposed to have been moved. Many bodies were left behind, and only the headstone or monument was actually moved.
Afterlife Tours, Inc.
$50 per person
Make Your Reservation Now by clicking on the links below of your choice
Pre-Planning For Your Cemetery Experience
Things you should plan and bring to a Cemetery Experience.
* Plan to arrive 15 minutes before the Cemetery Experience to check-in.
* We ask that everyone be respectful of the Dearly Departed.
* NO Smoking or Alcohol is permitted in the Cemeteries.
What to Bring:
* Sturdy Walking Shoes, (as some of the Cemetery is mostly grass and dirt roads).
* Dress for the weather, (hot, cold, wet, icy, etc.).
* bug spray
* * TIPS for the hard-working guides
We Are Here For You
Feel free to contact us with any questions you may have